Jenna Kate Bisbee '19: Aix-en-Provence, France

Jenna Kate Bisbee is an International Relations and French double major from Merrimack, New Hampshire. Jenna will be studying abroad for the fall semester at IAU College in Aix-en-Provence, France with Academic Studies Abroad.

Why did you decide to study abroad?

I chose to study abroad to not only enhance my language skills, but also to expose myself to different cultures and to try new things. I believe that travel is the ultimate teacher in that it teaches us not only about foreign lands and cultures but also about ourselves.

Jenna Bisbee '19What do you think you’ll miss the most while you’re away from campus?

I think I will miss spending Thanksgiving with my family as well as spending time with my friends on campus throughout the semester.

What obstacles do you think you might encounter abroad?

I think the language will be a little challenging at first. As a French major, I feel very confident in my ability to speak the language, but living abroad and speaking with the locals really tests your knowledge. However, it’s a challenge that I look forward to as I know it will help me improve my language skills.

What are you bringing with you that you absolutely can’t live without?

My most important things are my camera and my journal. I keep a journal every time I travel overseas, and it helps to preserve the memories. Over time, I may forget little moments from abroad but my journal and my photos remind me.

What experiences/classes/opportunities have prepared you to go abroad?

My French classes at Saint A’s have prepared me to communicate confidently in France. In addition, I have traveled to Europe many times before so I am very familiar with the culture and the lifestyle.