Skiing

This past Monday marked the best holiday of the year. Saint Patrick's Day. Although I am told Saint Patrick's Day is actually not that big of a deal in Ireland, I like to play the ignorant American card and celebrate my heart away. And that is just what I did on Monday. Despite the winter chill that still lingered in the air and the mounds of snow that covered campus, I vowed to make the day exceptional. Fortunately, I only had one morning class on Monday and had the rest of my day free. And even better, my older sister, who goes to Plymouth State University (and loves the holiday just as much as I do) was on spring break. Therefore, we decided to go on an adventure.

What does a Saint Paddy's Day Adventure look like for two exuberant Irish girls on a wintery day? Yup, you guessed it…skiing! Waterville Valley Ski Resort in northern New Hampshire was selling all-day ski passes for only $17 in honor of the holiday. So not only was our adventure spontaneous, it was also affordable! The weather in Waterville was chilly but sunny and the ski conditions were phenomenal . There were no lines at the lifts and we were able to get in a bunch of runs. After a refreshing day on the mountain my sister and I drove back home to end the perfect day with the rest of our family.

Of course, my dad was already blasting Celtic music throughout the house and my mom was making a traditional corned-beef dinner. Fortunately (because I don't eat meat) I really like potatoes and cabbage so I was lucky. Although my day "off" was short, it was sweet. And to make it just a little bit sweeter, my mom sent me home with some Irish soda bread for my friends and I! Overall a wonderful Saint Paddy's Day!