Pre-Registration

Yesterday was nearly life-altering for me. Something BIG happened. I pre-registered for my first semester of JUNIOR YEAR. Alright, maybe this doesn't sound like a big deal to you, but when I sat down in Professor Bouchard's office to select my courses for the Fall of 2014, I suddenly felt old. Time is flying by! Perhaps I sound like a melodramatic 20-year old, but junior year is sort of a big deal. It is the 3/4 mark. But this isn't entirely bad for me. It actually got me excited for everything that I have left during my time at Saint A's. Next year we are switching to a 4-4 curriculum, so I will be taking 4 courses instead of 5, which will be a change (I think for the better) and next year also brings with it my time to study abroad…I wish I could tell you where I am going but I change my mind every day. Today it is South Africa. Tomorrow it will probably be London. Regardless, I have a lot to look forward to in just the upcoming year.

We also received our housing lottery numbers this week (which is always quite an ordeal) so I am looking forward to a change in scenery for next semester (I'm hoping for the new dorm)! Thinking about all of these things after pre-registering, also made me realize that I need to savor my time here on the Hilltop while I still can! Although I am only halfway through, I have to say that the past two years have flown by. I have made friends that I feel I have known my entire life. And sometimes looking back just to freshman year seems like years ago. But at the same time it feels like just yesterday. So, here is to the next two years and making them the best ever!

About Bridget Sica '16

Bridget Sica ’16 is an English major from Laconia, New Hampshire. Bridget is an active member of the Meelia Center for Community Engagement and has participated in Campus Ministry sponsored trips. It would not be hard to find Bridget on campus – she is often on the sidelines at athletic competitions, cheering on the Hawks.