Recovering from Spring Break

First off, don't expect to get work don't over break. Unless you know that you are not a procrastinator, that you will have time, and that you are diligent enough to have done homework over breaks before, don't think this break will be any different. Between traveling, friends, family, or whatever it is you are doing, you wont get stuff done, at least not everything you want to, so prepare for that.

I myself, thought I would do work on the plane ride as I flew to and from Louisiana. NOPE. I slept, hardcore, both ways, there was drool…

So you get back to school, if you are like me, you get back to school late, but some people get here at 9 am. Either way, when you get here you aren't going to want to deal with your room. We have check lists for signing out at break time, you have to straighten up your room, use this as an excuse to come back to a clean happy room, bed made, floor clean, desk clear… fresh start. You will most likely already be stressed with last minute projects and what not. Think about it.

Anyway, not that you care but my spring break was fantastic. I played with my baby cousins (twin boys, four years of age). And my sister (age 14). I took care of a baby squirrel (said four year olds named her Foxy) and ate Louisiana cuisine, it was AWESOME. So clearly I was too busy for reading, or writing of any sort. Sorry Profs (not sorry), but I did spend all day Sunday in bed doing homework and will continue to play catch up all week. Ah well, it was worth it.

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.