Moore Mart

Saint Anselm College students at Moore Mart in NashuaAbout a month ago, I signed up to go with some other SGA members to Moore Mart. I knew that we would be volunteering, but really nothing else about it. So, on Friday we piled into my friend's car and drove off to Nashua (a town close by). On the way there, my classmates explained exactly what we'd be doing, which was helping to make care packages of necessary supplies for soldiers serving in Iraq.

When we arrived, we were given such a warm welcome. The founder of this organization, Paul Moore, came over and shook each of our hands. Everyone there knew of Saint A's and said that they were happy to have us on board. Then, everybody got to work. My first job was to count out oatmeal and hot chocolate packets, while everybody around me was working together to pack and sort supplies from tooth brushes to hand written letters and everything in between. There was no time to mess around. We all were determined to accomplish this task and at the end of the night, everything was prepared to be packaged for the next day. I'm so excited for the soldiers to receive their packages!

Volunteering at Moore Mart with the Saint A's student government was an amazing experience. I also met some volunteers from high schools in the area, as well as adults who had just come out to support a great cause. During this experience, I really felt like a part of the New Hampshire community. Moore Mart happens three times a year, and I can't wait to go back at Christmas time to do it all over again.

About Catherine Muldoon '17

Catherine Muldoon ’17 is a Chemistry major from Rockaway Park, New York. Catherine is eager to begin her Saint Anselm College career and hopes to become actively involved with the Meelia Center for Community Engagement and the Abbey Players, among many other campus organizations.