Snowday

The myth is that St. A's never has snow days. That's funny because I have had at least two days off each of my three years here for inclement weather. Last week, Wednesday was a snow day and I got nothing done, and am still paying for it. Today did not start as a snow day, but my first class got canceled and now my afternoon classes are canceled, too. SNOW DAY, OH YEAH BABY! Guess who's camping out in Goulet to get work done?!?! THIS CHICK! OH YEAH!  I would camp out in my room, build a fort, drink hot chocolate (you know, do a snow day justice) but my computer is broken and it is unfortunately very hard to keep up with life now a days if you don't have access to technology.

Can we just take a second to appreciate how kind my father is? He works on a tour boat in Hawaii. If you go you should sign up for tours with Trilogy off of Lanai (that's my home!) and Maui. Anyway, they have this cool machine, you stick a microphone in the water and turn on the speakers and can hear the humpback whales talking to each other. My father got a particularly entertaining recording of the whales yesterday that sounds kind of like farting, and like the five-year old that he sometimes is, he immediately sent it thinking it was HYSTERICAL, along with this picture of the wonderful dolphins he got to play with, meanwhile we are accumulating inches of snow outside. Thanks, Papa.

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.