School Books

Sociology books at Saint Anselm College
You always hear complaints about buying books for school, I honestly don't know if I am lucky or other people just don't know how to manage. But I have A) the least amount of required books I have ever needed (six books, which to some may seem like a lot, but considering that I have five college courses only requiring textbooks, that's good) and B) very good prices on them. Hint: search amazon.com for the ISBN numbers and then follow their various links to cheap textbook sites. This is definitely a time when it pays to shop different sites. HOWEVER, if you rent make sure you check the due dates. You definitely want to make sure you can keep your books through the final. Or maybe you don't, I don't know, your choice.

Sites like Chegg, or CampusBookRentals, or Skyo are good site to check out, I have used all of them and have no complaints thus far.

The other problem is fitting all those books into your bag at once. No one likes the "freshman backpack" look, over-stuffed and hard to manipulate, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and just carry all those books. Sometimes you have a convenient work study position that allows you to leave your books at work in between classes… ;D  hehe. My problem is I love books and I rent them and then start reading them and then I want to keep them and then I am just sad when I have to return them.

I also learned how to play with pictures on my phone, HAD NO CLUE I could do fancy things with it, then again, I had not clue that I could use air gestures to work my smart phone until my little cousin got hold of it. Soooooo, that's my technological genius for you.

But I am really excited for these classes, these are all sociology books, can you tell?

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.