Packing Up

It is time to go home! All the kittens are finishing exams and packing cars and cleaning rooms and running for the hills! And the RAs are checking rooms and shutting down buildings and off to their homes too! Finals are crazy but that's no reason to not be prepared for the holidays. Make a list of things you need even before finals start so you can slowly pack and prep, trust me the list will get longer. Remember to clean the room, coming back to a forgotten piece of food or a dead plant… NOT fun.

One of the craziest adjustments in college is going home. After being in college you start to notice little differences in your home, in your own life. So remember that things change over the semester. Your parents may not be used to you all grown up and independent. Be patient with them and ask them to be patient with you. That is always one of my biggest anxiety causers when I go home. But it's good for you, and it is SO NICE to be home. The fireplace, the food, the bed, OMG, my bed! Yay!

Breaking up finals with a Christmas party with friends is good too. My friends and I exchanged gifts and look at the elephant chalk board I got! His name is Bruce and he is awesome.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! A Wonderful New Year to you and yours! See you in 2014. :)

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.