Intercultural Dinner

Intercultural DinnerOne of my favorite events of the year is the Intercultural Dinner that the Multicultural Center hosts with Campus Ministry. It's usually the first Thursday of every December. I love it. We (because I work at the Multicultural Center and it's my job) put lights up, and we light some, not many, but some candles. Davison caters crazy amounts of amazing food. People sit and chat – professors, students, administrators alike come to the event. I ate dinner with Dean Finn! She is a wicked cool lady. There are also presentations by different people about how they celebrate winter holidays in their homes and cultures. It's a fun happy family kind of dinner. And it's a GREAT study break. The prizes are always nifty and wonderful. I never win but *shrug* that never bothers me. I like the candlelight and the fun and the craziness. I love the happiness everyone brings to the table. Intercultural Dinner, at Saint Anselm College, definitely one of the top reasons I love this school.

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.

• Bill Burke

I'm a long retired State Department senior foreign service officer, who graduated from St. A's way back in 1966. The college sent me a Christmas greeting today that contained links to a number of school blogs. I stumbled on this one, and love it! What a great way to help keep hearts and minds open to diverse views on what's going on in our world. I hope Davison is SRO for the monthly intercultural dinners!

• Kim Major

Thank you so much for your great comment, Bill! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed the blog. Karina clearly loves her work with the Multicultural Center, and I am sure she will appreciate your recognition of her efforts. Keep reading along….lots of good activity here at Saint Anselm College. Merry Christmas to you and your family!