Hawk Spotted at the Meelia Center

Saint Anselm MascotAs we reach the end of the semester at Saint A's, the tension and excitement is palpable. Everyone's schedules are packed with activities ranging from the gingerbread contest, papers, senior theses, the Christmas Feast, and finals. It's a wonderful and crazy time of year.

One of my favorite aspects about the end of the fall semester is the beginning of hockey season. Many of my friends play hockey and it's always fun being able to attend the games and cheer them on. One character who is often at the hockey games is our school mascot…the hawk! A Saint A's student dressed in a hawk costume will parade around the arena encouraging cheering from the crowd. However, this afternoon I ran into this hawk elsewhere…at my work in the Meelia Center; and the face under the furry mask was none other than my boss, Dan Forbes. Dan had borrowed the costume to make a promotional video for our site (coming soon to our Meelia Center website!) Seeing Dan dressed up as as hawk was certainly entertaining, and more than anything it brightened my day. It was a friendly, and unexpected reminder of school spirit. Go Hawks!

About Bridget Sica '16

Bridget Sica ’16 is an English major from Laconia, New Hampshire. Bridget is an active member of the Meelia Center for Community Engagement and has participated in Campus Ministry sponsored trips. It would not be hard to find Bridget on campus – she is often on the sidelines at athletic competitions, cheering on the Hawks.