Crossroads 2013 in Maine

I've been on retreats before, but this one was especially unique. When I went into the Campus Ministry office to sign up, I was told the the location of the retreat would be a mystery. Then I learned that it's usually a tradition for the Crossroads retreat in the fall to be at a surprise location. After they told me this, I was intrigued and couldn't wait for the weekend to come.

We loaded up three vans on Friday afternoon and got on the road. Finally, we saw a sign indicating that we were headed north, and I was so excited. I've only been north of New Hampshire a few times in my life so I was ready for a new adventure!

We arrived in Kennebunkport, Maine and began our retreat experience. Sometimes people think that campus ministry retreats are only for prayer and quiet. This could not be further from the truth. Yes, we did have time for those things, but we also had an extremely fun time meeting people from other classes and spending time together. We stayed at a place called the Franciscan Guest House where the property was gorgeous and the food was delicious. Only a five minute drive away from where we were staying was the beach, so we also took a little trip to hang out there for a while. Overall, Crossroads 2013 was an awesome experience. It was a great chance to take a break from schoolwork and relax.

About Catherine Muldoon '17

Catherine Muldoon ’17 is a Chemistry major from Rockaway Park, New York. Catherine is eager to begin her Saint Anselm College career and hopes to become actively involved with the Meelia Center for Community Engagement and the Abbey Players, among many other campus organizations.