Home

Fireplace
Another one of my favorite things about New England? Fireplaces. LOVE THEM. My grandmother lives in Massachusetts. I am home to see her this weekend. I have a bunch of homework to get through today and so what do I do? Light a big toasty fire in the fireplace. My favorite spot in the whole house, MY SPOT that everyone knows they cannot take is right in front of the fireplace. I have worn the carpet out in that spot… It's been my spot since I was a baby. And let me tell you, being at college is great. But coming home to that nook or cranny that is yours is great too. Sleeping in your own bed? HEAVEN. I was talking about this with a friend last night. I love my room, I love being at home but in a sense it's worth it to be at school so that you can have that 'coming home' feeling. You appreciate home much more that way.

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.