Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin ready for carving in the dormThis past weekend was Family Weekend at Saint A's. I am one of those students who is lucky enough to see my parents as often as I would like, because I'm only an hour away from home….Yeah I know, many other students may not consider this "lucky", but I love being able to see them when I want to! Anyway, my roommate, Kaz, is from Chicago and wasn't able to see her family this past weekend (her parents are coming next weekend for the first Women's Hawks hockey game though!!) so I decided to get her a gift. I went pumpkin picking with my family and thought it would be a lovely idea if  I got us both pumpkins to carve for Halloween!

Well, unfortunately the pumpkins had mostly been picked over so there weren't any wicked good ones left, but that's fine, I am not thinking that our carving skills are deserving of a good pumpkin anyways. The pumpkins are still sitting atop our desks, beside piles of homework. I am hoping we can get to those tonight…but for now, they are great (slightly deformed) decorations reminding us of the fall festivities of the season! Happy Halloween everyone!