Mid-Semester Life

There comes a point in the semester where you realize that you can't say that you will do stuff later in the semester, mostly because half (or more than half) of the semester is gone! Where it went no one will know; but it has flown by. And now is the time to cram. You have a good rhythm down. You have experience under your belt. THEN BAM! Papers, projects, presentations! It all seems like you have time, like you can get it done and THEN BAM! HaHa, it's a lot sometimes. You hit a point where there is a lot and you just keep going but it feels like you go no where. DO NOT DESPAIR! We are all in the same boat. And more than that, time does continue, you do get stuff done and you can have fun while you do it. Example A: My boyfriend Choobie (the dog) came back Thursday! I was covered in fur and slightly stinky but I was happy. Example B: I am going to a Providence Bruins game against the Manchester Monarchs and I am PUMPED!

So yeah. Mid-semester: busy, tiring, but totally absolutely possible. I hope. Fingers crossed!

About Karina deBrum '15

Karina deBrum ’15 is a Sociology major (with a Fine Arts minor) from Lana’i City, Hawaii. Karina is president of the Multicultural Student Coalition, the vice president of Quatrain, a member of Lubrications, and a Resident Advisor in Joan of Arc Hall.

• Đào Dao

I'm so sorry I just came across your comment 10 months later while trying to relive my study abroad memories. All the trips talked about were included in the program so I had nothing to worry about, and they nothing but organized too. As a result of this, I didn't have to worry about not doing much personal traveling on my own since my budget did not allow for much.
    There were more excursions during our stay there and at the end of the semester both in Thailand and Vietnam since I split my semester between the two countries.
    I wish I had the chance to go to the places you visited; there were friends who did and they sounded like fun. I just can't wait for the chance to go back again.