It's hard to believe that the SBA week is coming to a close! Time certainly has flown by but the impact of this short week on our students will leave its imprint for years to come. We extend our gratitude and appreciation to the many agencies and their staffs that have opened their doors to us this past week. Thank you for your tremendous hospitality. And thank you for the work you do each day in loving service of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are so often forgotten. Your example and continued efforts to recognize the dignity of each person you encounter is awe-inspiring.
So our groups begin their departures a little more tired than when they left the hilltop, but with an awareness and a new perspective that we trust will inform, form, and transform them as they unpack from this short week's worth of encounters.
Today, Friday, March 7th:
- Appalachia and Education will both wrap-up their work and then depart this afternoon. They will arrive at the hotel in Cumberland, Maryland later this evening. Tomorrow morning they will rise early in the morning for their long day of driving back to Saint Anselm.
- Costa Rica worked for a few hours this morning putting the final touches on the house they were working on, then they take the five-hour drive from Los Chiles to San Jose. They will stay in San Jose this evening and depart for the hilltop early tomorrow morning.
- Colorado and Phoenix will get some work in and some sight seeing too before they head to the airport for their red eye flight back to the east coast. These two trips will be the first to arrive back on the hilltop early tomorrow morning.
- Mississippi headed to Memphis where they will go to a museum dedicated to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This evening they stay with Christian Brothers so they can make their early flight tomorrow morning. We expect them back at Saint Anselm in the early afternoon.
- Maryland and Philadelphia will continue their work at their sites today and tomorrow. Maryland will get an early start to their drive back to campus, while Philly will serve one last meal at noon before making their journey home.
Please keep our students in your prayers for their journey home. We also ask you to keep the agencies and those they serve in your prayers. These dedicated staffs will continue to do important work to meet the needs of the most vulnerable of our society.
Stay tuned to the blog as we update trip arrivals back to campus!