Why I Walk: Julie LePore '15

My name is Julie LePore, I am a rising senior and this will be my third year participating in Road for Hope. Freshman year, I was looking for a chance to get more involved and try something new. As I went through my emails one day, one caught my eye with the line "Road for Hope: Walk 130 Miles for Local Charities." I decided to take a chance and try it and I'm so glad I did. It has been the most challenging yet rewarding experience I've had in my years at Saint Anselm and has impacted me more than I could have ever imagined.

The 2012 Road for Hope arrives back on campusThis program could not have a better name because Road for Hope is just that – a walk helping to spread hope to the charities and people we support and the communities we pass through. One of the most gratifying moments for me from last year's walk happened early in the week when we stopped for lunch.

A woman from the town we were passing through stopped to tell us about her mother who was ill and had been housebound for months. She told us how her mother saw us walking by her house and heard us singing and it made her the happiest she'd been since becoming sick.

Instances like this validate that this program is more than just making donations to charities but is also about raising awareness for the charities and spreading positivity along the way.

When I tell people about my plans to walk 130 miles at the end of the summer, they always want to know why? Why would 40 college students voluntarily spend eight days walking miles, subjecting their feet to blisters and going without beds, showers and the comforts of home?

Every walker has different reasons that draw them to Road for Hope and keep them motivated when they're facing another hill up ahead. It's hard to speak about the experience in a way that does it any justice, but I usually tell people about the children I've met at St. Charles Children's Home, one of the charities we support.

These children have dealt with abuse and lived through things that are unfathomable for most adults, yet they still smile and laugh as if they haven't dealt with hardship. I walk to help these children receive the resources they need and deserve, I walk for the volunteers who devote their lives to helping these charities carry out their missions, and I walk for the woman who is housebound and others like her who cannot walk miles themselves.

Even though Road for Hope is a physically and emotionally draining week, I welcome every blister and the feeling of exhaustion. It's validation that in a small way, we're helping those in our communities better their lives and in turn it's improved our own lives. I've learned to appreciate everything, from my supportive family to the food on the dinner table, because not everyone is fortunate enough to have these things.

This year will be bittersweet since it will be my final year walking, but I am so happy that Road for Hope has managed to reach out to so many organizations and people over the years. I'm looking forward to spending the last eight days of summer vacation with my fellow walkers, hitting the road and helping to make a difference!

• http://showboxappdownload.co/ Showbox App

Hey, I search a lot and then found an app which have cool features like streaming and downloading full HD movies. Showbox gives you best ever experience of movie. So download this trendy app.

showbox

• rohit

this is my tutorial on Showbox Apk Download
    and using this you’re going to have the app. The central arousing fact
    is that you can make use of this app on PC and also on the world’s
    most-used technology device, Smartphone.

• Movie Apps Hub

Wifikill is an amazing Android mobile application that helps you in disabling the other people from using your wifi network. you can get it from here Download WiFiKill apk

• Movie Apps Hub

Kingroot Apk supports most variety of devices among all the similar rooting tools. So, it is most likely that kingroot can root your device even if other similar tools failed many times before.
    kingroot apk download

• Movie Apps Hub

Download MSQRD APK Android App for your Smartphone. MSQRD APK Download Appis provided here with official links.
    msqrd app for android

• Lisa Johnson

download voot app
    Easier to use than most other apps without a doubt. Thank you for this post.

• http://www.gmobilesoft.com Lucky Patcher

Want to use paid android apps for free then download Lucky Patcher Apk

• Vanaja Lakshmi
  • http://www.pocketchanged.com/ peb21

Whatsapp Video Calling Apk is compatible with Android, Mac, windows and all iPhone devices. With a few easy steps, you get the app installed on your device, and you are good to go

• http://www.pocketchanged.com/ peb21

Aptoide Apk
    is actually one type of market for downloading Android app, as it is very simple and for the user to use and they can create their own “stories” that can be shared by each and everyone

• http://www.pocketchanged.com/ peb21

vlc media player download 32 bit windows 7 is one of the most appropriate media players

• Adam Doughty

Love to watch TV series or latest movies on the internet? Looking for an application which offers free offline streaming? Then ShowBox is our best option. To want more about ShowBox, check this website. Showbox Movie STreaming App